BigLearning 2011 (NIPS 2011)
Big Learning: Algorithms, Systems, and Tools for Learning at Scale
Dec 16, 2011 09:00 AM
Dec 17, 2011 05:00 PM
|Where||Sierra Nevada, Spain|
Holger Schöner, SCCH
|Add event to calendar||
BIGLEARNING 2011: Welcome to the webpage for NIPS 2011 workshop on parallel and large-scale machine learning.
This workshop aims to:
- Bring together parallel system builders in industry and academia, machine learning algorithms experts, and end users to identify the key challenges, opportunities, and myths of Big Learning. What REALLY changes from the traditional learning setting when faced with terabytes or petabytes of data?
- Solicit practical case studies, demos, benchmarks and lessons-learned presentations, and position papers.
- Showcase recent and ongoing progress towards parallel ML algorithms
- Provide a forum for exchange regarding tools, software, and systems that address the Big Learning problem.
- Educate the researchers and practitioners across communities on state-of-the-art solutions and their limitations, particularly focusing on key criteria for selecting task- and domain-appropriate platforms and algorithms.
Venue: Hotel Meliá Sol y Nieve and Sierra Nevada, Granada, Spain
Dates: December 16-17, 2011